Here are the final results for the country's best food products, awarded at the end of last week by a panel of experts picked by Chamber of Agriculture and Commerce.
In the annual competition, now in its 22nd year, 29 products received the swallow label for quality products made from Estonian-sourced primary ingredients.
This year experts also picked their personal favorites: in the meat category, beef franks made by AS Linpet; and in grains, kama meal (ground roasted wheat, rye, barley and peas) made by AS Tartu Mill. The experts' favorite baked good was a crunchy roll with hemp seeds made by AS Lõuna Pagarid and the best dairy product was OÜ Saidafarm's milled curds with sea-buckthorn jam.
The label of origin and quality went to the following:
- Japs AS frozen smoked filleted eel
- Läätsa Kalatööstus AS marinated Saaremaa sprats
- Atria Eesti AS Maksa ja Moorits brand premium ground meat, 50/50 ground pork and ground beef
- Linpet AS moose franks and beef franks
BAKED GOODS, GRAIN PRODUCTS
- Eesti Pagar AS Rehe dark seeded bread
- Kivisaare Veski OÜ - various bran, flour and semolina products
- Lunaris OÜ Poodiumi white bread
- Lõuna Pagarid AS crunchy rolls with hemp seed
- Tartu Mill AS kama, semolina and rye flours
- Šeiker TÜ Pai Pagar curd rolls
- Esko talu Greek yogurt
- Saaremaa Piimatööstus AS butter and butter with salt crystals
- Saidafarm OÜ curds with sea-buckthorn jam
PRODUCE, SAUCES AND DRESSINGS, BEVERAGES
- Haage Joogid OÜ natural mineral water B'EST
- Mahetark OÜ sea-buckthorn syrup, dandelion syrup