For the fourth year in a row, Kuku radio conducted a survey among the Estonian IT experts and startup entrepreneurs, to find out which Estonian startups would have the best outlook next year.
Money transfer firm TransferWise led the ranking for two years in a row, but was pushed to the second place this time around. The experts named taxi ordering app Taxify as the startup with best prospects in 2015.
Taxify offers taxi companies and individual licensed taxi drivers an opportunity to get additional orders from mobile users. The company was established in 2013 and is currently operating in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland, but expanding in Central Europe.
The experts included cofounder of Fortumo, Rain Rannu, venture capitalist Allan Martinson, former head of Skype, Sten Tamkivi, WeekDone founder Jüri Kaljundi, and others.
Top 10 Estonian startups with best prospects in 2015
10. Erply - retail point of sale software and inventory management system
9. Testlio - community of testers that help companies make sure their products work
8. Fortumo - international mobile payment provider
7. Cloutex - web apps data syncronizing service
6. Planet OS - Big Data Platform for Multi-Sensor and Machine Data
5. Flirtic – online dating service
4. Teleport - helps startup people find the best place to live and work
3. Lingvist - an online language learning program
2. Transferwise - peer-to-peer money transfer service
1. Taxify - taxi ordering app
Editor: S. Tambur