The Estonian History Museum is celebrating its 151st birthday on February 19. To celebrate the occasion, the museum is inviting people to visit them for free.
The entry is free to all of the houses used by the museum: the Great Guild Hall in Tallinn Old Town, the Maarjamäe Palace (Orlov Castle), and its stables. The first will house the "Golden Victoria" statuette, awarded to President Toomas Hendrik Ilves by the Verband Deutscher Zeitschriftenverleger, until the end of May.
The museum was officially founded as the Provincial Museum of the Estonian Literature Society in the house of St. Canute's Guild in 1864.The collection was moved to its current location at the Great Guild Hall in 1952 and the museum gained the use of Maarjamäe Palace in 1975. It was renamed as the Estonian History Museum in 1989.
Editor: M. Oll