The public voted the duo of Elina Born and Stig Rästa, and their song „Goodbye to Yesterday“ as Estonia's 2015 Eurovision Song Contest entry.
The duo was one of the favorites even before the semifinals were aired, and cleaned up in the final round, winning 79 percent of the public vote. Listen to Estonia's 2015 Eurovision entry here.
The evening began with 10 performances, but only three made it to the last round. Around 76,000 people, and eleven judges, voted in the first round, sending Elisa Kolk with „Superlove“ and „Burning Lights“ by Daniel Levi through to the final around, along with Born and Rästa.
A total of 90,000 people voted in the second round, with Kolk winning 8 percent and Levi 13 percent of the votes.
Elephants From Neptune, favored by the professional jury, and Trrin Niitoja & John4, favored more by the public, were fourth and fifth respectively in the first round.
The last time Estonia sent a duo to the Eurovision was in 2001, when Estonia won.
The 60th Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Vienna, Austria. The dates for the two semi finals are May 19 and 21, and the final on May 23.
The ten songs were:
1. “Minu päike” Luisa Värk
2. “Üle vesihalli taeva” Maia Vahtramäe
3. “Goodbye to Yesterday” Elina Born ja Stig Rästa
4. “Idiot” / Kali Briis Band
5. “Troubles” /Robin Juhkental & The Big Bangers
6. “Burning Lights” Daniel Levi
7. “Superlove” Elisa Kolk
8. “Exceptional” The Blurry Lane
9. “Unriddle Me” Elephants From Neptune
10. “This Is Our Choice” Triin Niitoja & John4
Listen to them here.
Editor: J.M. Laats