Taavi Rõivas (Reform Party), Jevgeni Ossinovski (Social Democrats) and Margus Tsahkna (IRL) have penned the amendments, which they all agree on, to the current coalition agreement.
The proposals include:
1) Increasing teachers' salaries to 120 percent of the national average. Currently the average teacher takes home around 800 euros per month, after tax, while the minimum net salary for a teacher is 725 euros per month. The national average is slightly over 800 euros.
2) Update the state procurement system to allow better access for small and medium sized businesses in rural areas, and to completely cross over to only online procurements.
3) At least one state institution in each county.
4) Allow 3,000 government employees to work from home.
5) Buy all vehicles for the government and government offices together to save money.
6) Support power, fast internet and road connections to families in rural areas.
7) Create legislation on city district rights and analyze the necessity of separate legislation for the capital city.
8) Give a residency and work permit to all foreigners who have graduated from Estonian universities.
9) Create a financial mechanism to aid farmers in harsh times.
10) Calculate the minimum size of a local government, to provide necessary services.
11) Analyze the possibility to limit election advertizing.
12) Attempt to find possibilities to increase the tax-free minimum at a faster rate than previously agreed.
Editor: J.M. Laats