21 electricity-related accidents in first half of 2016 ({{commentsTotal}})

According to the Technical Regulatory Authority (TJA), a total of 21 electricity-related accidents were registered in Estonia between January and June 2016, of which none were fatal but two people sustained serious injuries and 19 sustained injuries classified as not serious.

21 electricity-related accidents were registered during the first six months of 2015 as well, in which one person was killed and three seriously injured.

The most common causes of electricity-related accidents were ignoring safety requirements, negligence, and using electrical equipment in poor technical condition.

Accounting for 81 percent of all total accidents, most occurred in or near the home; workplace accidents accounted for the other 19 percent.

76 percent of the accidents occurred in Tallinn, Harju County, and Ida-Viru County, and 33 percent of accidents involved children under 10 years of age, the typical cause of which was children poking things into wall sockets.

Editor: Editor: Aili Sarapik

Source: BNS



Siim Kallas.

Interview: Siim Kallas on ambitions, Estonian politics, and EU presidency

Following the local elections in October this year, Reform Party founder, former prime minister, EU commissioner, and presidential candidate Siim Kallas took on the job of municipal mayor of Viimsi, a community on the outskirts of Tallinn. In his interview with ERR's Toomas Sildam, Kallas talks about local government, his party, the EU presidency, and perspectives in Estonian politics.

ERR kasutab oma veebilehtedel http küpsiseid. Kasutame küpsiseid, et meelde jätta kasutajate eelistused meie sisu lehitsemisel ning kohandada ERRi veebilehti kasutaja huvidele vastavaks. Kolmandad osapooled, nagu sotsiaalmeedia veebilehed, võivad samuti lisada küpsiseid kasutaja brauserisse, kui meie lehtedele on manustatud sisu otse sotsiaalmeediast. Kui jätkate ilma oma lehitsemise seadeid muutmata, tähendab see, et nõustute kõikide ERRi internetilehekülgede küpsiste seadetega.
Hea lugeja, näeme et kasutate vanemat brauseri versiooni või vähelevinud brauserit.

Parema ja terviklikuma kasutajakogemuse tagamiseks soovitame alla laadida uusim versioon mõnest meie toetatud brauserist: