Five designs shortlisted in new national logo competition (6)
ETV's morning program "Terevisioon" revealed the four jury-picked designs and one people's choice that have made it to the final of the national logo competition. The new logo that will replace the obsolete Welcome to Estonia will be chosen in mid-March.
The finalists are:
- "Võimaluste Ristee" (Crossroad of Opportunities) by Villem Loigom
- "Vabaduse Lend" (Flight of Freedom) by Igor Smolkin
- "Eesti – Pilk Tulevikku" (Estonia – Eye to the Future) by Kaile Tuvi
- "Eesti Northeast" by Veli-Hojan Veromann
- "Eesti Kudum" (Estonian Knitwear) by Andrea Tamm and Jörgen Alunurm (people's choice)
Member of the selection committee Loreida Hein said their choices followed the idea that the logos should fit in with a wide range of areas, including environment and science.
The logo competition received 650 unique entries. The competition is held in cooperation with ERR and will culminate with a live TV show in March.