Kõrsikud, Lenna Head for Eesti Laul Final
The annual Eesti Laul competition began on Friday, with the first five finalists picked. The eventual winner, to be decided on March 1, will travel to Copenhagen, Denmark, for the Eurovision song contest at the beginning of May.
Ten songs competed for five spots in the final, to be held in two weeks time. Another five songs will qualify for the final from the second semi-final next Friday.
Friday's songs were (winners in bold):
1. “Amazing” by Tanja. Authors: Timo Vendt, Tatjana Mihhailova, listen here
2. “Flame” by the Titles. Authors: Rasmus Lill, Markus Rafael Nylund, listen here
3. “Resignal” by Wilhelm. Author: Lauri Kadalipp, listen here
4. “Solina” by State of Zoe. Authors: Anneliis Kits, Sander Mölder, listen here
5. “Sandra” by NimmerSchmidt. Authors: Fredy Schmidt, Andero Nimmer, Merilyn Merisalu, listen here
6. “Maailm on hull” (The World is Crazy) by VÖÖRAD. Authors: Priit Uustulnd, Meiko Umal, listen here
7. “Maybe-Maybe” by Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band. Authors: Mati Sütt, Janno Reim, listen here
8. “Kus on EXIT?” (Where's the EXIT?) by August Hunt. Author: August Hunt, listen here
9. “Tule ja jää” (Come and Stay) by Kõrsikud. Author: Kõrsikud, listen here
10. “Supernoova” (Supernova) by Lenna. Author: Mihkel Raud, listen here
The main page on Eesti Laul (in Estonian) can be found here.