Rail Tycoon Dominates Successful Businesses List
An annual rankings list of Estonia's most successful companies was rolled out by the business daily Äripäev today.
The top three positions were held by Skinest Rail, Spacecom and Nordmet.
While last year the rankings were dominated by industrial firms, this time half of the top 10 are in logistics.
Both Skinest Rail and Spacecom, railroad infrastructure companies, are headed by Russian-Estonian Oleg Ossinovski, a major funder of the Social Democratic Party. The companies are active in the Baltics, Ukraine and Russia.
1. Skinest Rail AS (railroad infrastructure)
2. Spacecom AS (railroad infrastructure)
3. Nordmet AS (wholesale)
4. IDEAB Project Eesti AS (building development)
5. DBT AS (cargo processing)
6-7. Petromaks Spediitori AS (freight forwarding)
6-7. Olympic Entertainment Group AS (entertainment)
8. Viru Keemia Grupp AS (chemical industry)
9. Baltic Maritime Logistics Group AS (freight forwarding)
10. ALSTOM Estonia AS (construction)