Britain holds a minute's silence for citizens of Tunisian beach terrorist attack, Estonia feels compassion (3)
Britain will hold a minute silence today at 12:00 noon to honor the memories of the 30 British citizens murdered in a Tunisian beach last week.
Flags will be lowered to half mast at Buckingham Palace and Whitehall and a minute silence will start at noon to mourn the tourists who were slain on a beach in Sousse by a gunman last Friday.
In total 38 people were killed when Seifeddine Rezgui walked on to the beach at El Kantaoui resort, pulled out a machine gun he had hidden inside an umbrella and open fired on western tourists.
Other victims were from Russia, Ireland, Portugal, Belgium and Germany. Islamic State took credit for the attack. On the same day a man’s decapitated head was found on the railings outside a gas factory in France and a man blew himself up at a mosque in Kuwait, while thousands of people were praying. Both incidents have been linked to Islamic extremists.
Speaking last week on the day of the attacks, President Toomas Hendrik Ilves said: "The innocent victims of today’s terror attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait remind us again of the duty of the international community to jointly stand against terrorists who spread blind hate."
“We will not allow us to be intimidated and will remain strong. We feel compassion along with the close friends and relatives of those who perished and we wish swift recovery to the injured."
Former Foreign Minister Keit Pentus-Rosimannus also condemned the incidents and said: “Attacks against innocent people shows that the barbarity of radical Islamic extremism knows no bounds.”