Rectory Badly Damaged by Fire

(ERR)
4/25/2014 10:15 AM
Category: Society

A rectory of the St. Lawrence church near Kuusalu, just east of Tallinn, caught fire on Thursday evening severely damaging the building, although firefighters' efforts managed to rescue valuable books, documents, paintings and a piano.

Jaanus Jalakas, the pastor of the church, told ETV the fire could have started from the chimney or electric wires, adding that the building was uninsured.

Ten fire trucks worked to extinguish the fire and worked with volunteers to remove valuable object until the building's structure became too unstable. One firefighter was injured, but did not need to be hospitalized.


The name field cannot be empty
No more than 50 characters
Comment field cannot be empty
No more than 50 characters
Comment field cannot be empty
No more than 1024 characters
{{error}}

Message forwarded to the editor

This Ip-address has limited access

There are no comments yet. Be the first!

Reply to comment

+{{childComment.ReplyToName}}:
Reply to comment
Reply

Laadi juurde ({{take2}})
The name field cannot be empty
No more than 50 characters
Comment field cannot be empty
No more than 1024 characters
{{error}}
Add new comment