Defense Force to Spend €7.2 Million on Office Equipment
The military is preparing public procurements worth 7.2 million euros to purchase, maintain and rent printers and copy machines.
Four million will be spent on maintenance of printers and copy machines, although that sum will be divided over three years, while 2 million has been set aside for ink, 1 million for buying and maintaining new printers and copy machines, Eesti Päevaleht reported today.
The 2014 procurement plan has also earmarked 600,000 euros for shovels and 1.6 million euros for binoculars.
Other notable tenders this year:
* Airplane fuel – 1 million euros
* Painting military vehicles – 400,000 euros
* Spare part for the SISU armored vehicles – 60,000 euros
* Socks – 510,000 euros
* Bullet-proof vests – 6.3 million euros (Eesti Päevaleht calculates that would pay for 4,000 units)
* Underwater robots – 420,000 euros