Health Board: 168 hospitalized patients, 493 new covid cases, one death

Coronavirus social distancing signage at Järva County hospital.
Coronavirus social distancing signage at Järva County hospital. Source: Olev Kenk/ERR

A total of 168 people are hospitalized due to the coronavirus, the Health Board (Terviseamet) reports, up from 150 the previous day. 140 of those in hospital due to the virus have symptomatic COVID-19. 493 new coronavirus cases were identified in Estonia in the past 24 hours, and one death relating to the virus was reported.

119 (70.8 percent) of the total of hospitalized people are unvaccinated, the board says, with the remaining 29.2 percent (49 hospitalized people) having completed a course of coronavirus vaccination.

A total of 38 new coronavirus case files were opened in hospitals in the past 24 hours, the board says.

One person, an 83-year-old woman, who had contracted the coronavirus passed away over the past 24 hours, the board says.

6,321 primary coronavirus test results were analyzed in the past 24 hours, the Health Board says, with 493 returning positive (7.9 percent).

Of the 493 new cases, 381 people (77.3 percent) had not been vaccinated, and 112 – the entire remainder – had completed a vaccination course.

3,610 coronavirus vaccine doses were administered in the past 24 hours, the board says, bringing the total number of vaccination doses issued to 1,305,828, since vaccines started arriving at the end of last year.

Vaccine coverage of adults in Estonia stands at 65.4 percent, the board says.

More detailed information in English is available from the Koroonakaart site here.

How can the spread of coronavirus be stopped?

  • The most efficient measure is keeping your distance.
  • In crowded places and especially indoors where it is not possible to keep your distance from other people, it is advisable to wear a mask.
  • Closed, crowded spaces should be avoided if possible.
  • Hands must be washed frequently with soap and warm water.
  • When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissue.
  • Anyone who becomes ill should stay at home, even if their symptoms are mild.
  • People who develop any symptoms should contact their family physician.


Follow ERR News on Facebook and Twitter and never miss an update!

Editor: Andrew Whyte

Hea lugeja, näeme et kasutate vanemat brauseri versiooni või vähelevinud brauserit.

Parema ja terviklikuma kasutajakogemuse tagamiseks soovitame alla laadida uusim versioon mõnest meie toetatud brauserist: