IRL announces its ministers, government complete
The Pro Patria and Res Publica Union (IRL) has published the name of its ministers in Jüri Ratas’ new government. The party’s chairman, Margus Tsahkna, will become Estonia’s new Minister of Defence.
While Urmas Reinsalu will continue as Minister of Justice, Sven Sester as Minister of Finance, and Marko Pomerants as Minister of the Environment, IRL chairman Margus Tsahkna will move from the Ministry of Social Affairs to the Ministry of Defence.
Former mayor of Türi and current IRL MP Kaia Iva will take over as Minister of Social Protection. Iva has been a member of the Riigikogu since 2007.
With IRL’s announcement of its ministers, the coming government is now complete
For the Center Party:
- Jüri Ratas, Prime Minister
- Kadri Simson, Minister of Economic Affairs and Infrastructure
- Mailis Reps, Minister of Education and Research
- Mihhail Korb, Minister of Public Administration
- Martin Repinski, Minister of Rural Affairs
For the Social Democratic Party (SDE):
- Sven Mikser, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Andres Anvelt, Minister of the Interior
- Jevgeni Ossinovski, Minister of Health and Labour
- Urve Palo, Minister of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
- Indrek Saar, Minister of Culture
For the Pro Patria and Res Publica Union (IRL):
- Sven Sester, Minister of Finance
- Margus Tsahkna, Minister of Defence
- Urmas Reinsalu, Minister of Justice
- Kaia Iva, Minister of Social Protection
- Marko Pomerants, Minister of the Environment
With the change of government, the Riigikogu’s standing committees will likely get new chairmen as well. The Social Democrats’ Eiki Nestor will continue as President of the Riigikogu.