As of Friday morning, 215 patients are being treated for coronavirus in hospitals and 730 new cases were reported during the last day, the Health Board said. There were two deaths.
Of those in hospital, 152 people - 70.7 percent - had not been vaccinated. Thirty-one new cases were opened during the last day.
Two men died aged 86 and 87. The total number of people who have died after being diagnosed with coronavirus is 1,359.
In total, 6,350 tests were analyzed, of which 730 were positive. This gives a positive share of 11.5 percent. Of those who tested positive, 500 people were unvaccinated.
The 14-day infection rate is 606.71 per 100,000 inhabitants.
Yesterday, 2,828 doses of vaccine were administered. The coverage of adults with at least one vaccine dose is 67 percent.
How can the spread of coronavirus be stopped?
- The most efficient measure is keeping your distance.
- Wear a mask in crowded places.
- Closed, crowded spaces should be avoided if possible.
- Hands must be washed frequently with soap and warm water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
- If you develop symptoms stay at home and contact a family doctor.
Editor: Helen Wright