Health Board: 1,455 tests yield two new COVID-19 cases
Two new cases of coronavirus have been found in Estonia in the past 24 hours, the Health Board (Terviseamet) reports. These were found from a total of 1,455 tests.
Coronavirus breakdown as of June 17:
- Two new cases was detected in the past 24 hours, one in Tallinn and one in Tartu County, out of 1,455 tests conducted (0.1 percent infection rate). No deaths related to COVID-19 were reported.
- 12 people are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19, none of them on ventilators.
- A total of 69 people have died from causes related to the virus to date, the last reported on June 2.
- 361 people who contracted the virus and were hospitalized have been sent home from hospital, and 374 COVID-19 cases have been closed.
- 1,743 people have recovered from the virus. Of these, 1,340 have had their cases terminated (77 percent), and 403 tested positive more than 28 days ago and are currently not hospitalized due to the virus.
- A total of 99,154 tests have been conducted since January 31, of which 1,977(2 percent) have tested positive.
More detailed information is here.
Download the ERR News app for Android and iOS now and never miss an update!
Editor: Andrew Whyte