Three new cases of COVID-19 have been found in Estonia as the result of testing since Tuesday morning, the Health Board (Terviseamet) reports. Two of these were in Harju County, the most populous region of the country and the area with the largest absolute number of cases.
Coronavirus facts as of May 20 (Source: Health Board):
- 39 people require hospitalization as of Saturday morning.
- 2 of those hospitalized are currently on ventilators.
- No deaths were reported overnight. The number of deaths related to the coronavirus in Estonia to date is 64. The last death was reported on May 17.
- 3 new COVID-19 cases were reported in the last 24 hours.
- Of the new cases, 2 were in Harju County and one in Võru County.
- 72,465 coronavirus tests have been conducted in Estonia since January 31, with 2.5 percent (1,794) testing positive during that time.
- 305 people with COVID-19 have been discharged from hospital to date. 316 hospital cases have been closed.
- 1,472 people have been reported recovered from coronavirus, with 945 of these having their cases terminated, i.e. officially declared healthy. In the case of 527 people, over 28 days have passed since their positive test results and the individual is not hospitalized and is waiting for official recovery confirmation.
- There are an estimated 81 active cases of coronavirus in Estonia at present.
- 1,028 tests were conducted in the past 24 hours, with 0.3 percent (3 cases) testing positive.
The emergency situation declared by the government on March 12 expired on Sunday.
More information is here.
Editor: Andrew Whyte