One new case of COVID-19 has been detected in Estonia in the past 24 hours, the Health Board (Terviseamet) says. The case was found in Tallinn. 268 primary tests were conducted in the past 24 hours, the board says.
Coronavirus facts as of June 23 (Source: Health Board):
- Six people require hospitalization in Estonia due to coronavirus, with one on a ventilator.
- A total of 69 people have died from causes related to COVID-19 in Estonia, the last reported on June 2.
- One person has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, at the time of writing, out of 268 tests (0.4 percent positive rate).
- 385 coronavirus hospital case files have been closed.
- 1,783 people have recovered from the virus. This is measured by two sets of criteria. The majority, or 1,364 (76.5 percent) have had their cases terminated, and the remaining 419 last tested positive for COVID-19 more than 28 days ago and are not currently hospitalized due to the virus, and so are also counted as having recovered.
- 103,951 primary coronavirus tests have been conducted in Estonia since January 31; 1,983, or 1.9 percent, of these, have tested positive.
More detailed information is here.
Editor: Andrew Whyte