Twenty-eight fines have been imposed by the Health Board so far for coronavirus quarantine violations. Two fines have been issued for breaking restrictions.
Since December 28, the agency has initiated 44 misdemeanor proceedings for quarantine violations. Of these, 29 are closed and 15 are still pending. Isamaa Riigikogu member Aivar Kokk's cases has been pending for a month.
Twenty-eight fines totaling €5,240 have been imposed in misdemeanor proceedings and fines ranged from €60 to €440.
The Health Board's head of communications Imre Kaas said while some cases have been opened and prosecuted, there is a larger number of incidents where people received written or oral warnings instead.
He said the majority of people breaking quarantine rules have been people with coronavirus or people living with people who have tested positive.
Seventy-seven cases involving a violation of government regulations have been opened by the Health Board and the majority related to wearing masks. So far, 13 have been closed and 64 are still pending. Two people have been fined more than €2,000.
Thirteen pending cases are related to entertainment establishments and 46 proceedings concerning public indoor space.
Kaas said there are very few people dealing with these cases as the Health Board have a limited number of people.
Editor: Helen Wright