A family who lives only a couple of hundred meters from the sea in Muraste found a white seal cub crawling between their garden's bushes on the evening of March 28.
The cub was discovered by the landlord’s dogs who barked up a storm after spotting the uninvited guest, according to ETV.
At first the family decided to carry the baby seal back to the seaside on their own, yet after numerous attempts to approach the cub, it became obvious that the wild animal was too aggressive.
The Environmental Board also advised not to touch the creature, as its bite is dangerous.
"Of course it is not a good idea to go and pet the seal, because if it puts its teeth into your flesh, it is painful and diseases might occur which medics may not know how to treat right away," explained Ivar Jüssi, seal researcher at the non-profit organization Pro Mare. He said that a certain type of bacteria carried by seals, fish and seabirds, can cause a severe form of arthritis.
After several attempts to capture the cub, rescuers finally managed to place the creature in a cage, safely transporting it back to its natural environment.