Tallink to add more departures on Tallinn-Helsinki route starting June 4
Due to increased demand and the continuing relaxations of travel restrictions between Estonia and Finland, Tallink Grupp announced on Wednesday that it will add additional early morning and afternoon departures to the MS Star starting Thursday, June 4.
Since Estonia's borders were opened on June 1 to travelers from EU and EEA nations, travelers from Finland have been able to enter Estonia without a quarantine requirement.
While Estonia is allowing Finnish tourists to enter the country, the Finnish government still advises its citizens to avoid traveling to Estonia, and for now the Finnish border will remain closed to Estonian tourists. Only people with work permits or urgent personal reasons are allowed to travel to Finland at this point.
During the emergency situation, only the MS Megastar and MS Star have operated on the Tallinn-Helsinki route. The MS Megastar has operated according to its normal schedule with 6 departures per day throughout the pandemic, MS Star has operated regularly on the route from May 14.
Tallink Grupp has announced that it will add additional early morning and afternoon departures to the schedule for MS Star, which will help with freight haulage and worker transportation between the two capitals. MS Megastar will continue with six departures per day.
Between 4 - 14 June, the departures for MS Star are as follows:
- 10.30 a.m.: June 5, June 6, June 8, June 12, June 13
- 16.30 p.m.: June 4, June 5, June 7, June 9, June 10, June 11, June 12, June 13, June 14
- 22.30 p.m.: June 4, June 5, June 7, June 11, June 12, June 14
- 7.30 a.m.: June 4, June 5, June 6, June 7, June 8, June 9, June 10, June 11, June 12, June 13, June 14
- 13.30 p.m.: June 5, June 6, June 8, June 12, June 13
- 19.30 p.m.: June 4, June 5, June 6, June 7, June 11, June 12, June 13, June 14
MS Star will return to its normal full summer schedule on June 15, with six departures on the Tallinn-Helsinki route per day.
Download the ERR News app for Android and iOS now and never miss an update!
Editor: Kristjan Kallaste