Gallery: Vaccination of government ministers begins
Members of the government were vaccinated against coronavirus on Thursday afternoon at East Tallinn Central Hospital with the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Minister of Health and Labor Tanel Kiik was filmed receiving his first dose, which can be viewed below.
Additionally, Minister of Foreign Affairs Eva Maria Liimets (Center), Minister of Public Administration Jaak Aab (Center), Minister of Social Protection Signe Riiaslo (Reform), Minister of the Interior Kristian Jaani (Center) and Minister of IT and Foreign Trade Andres Sutt (Reform) were vaccinated.
Prime Minister Kaja Kallas (Reform) will be vaccinated after she has recovered from coronavirus and President Kersti Kaljulaid has already received her first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Last week, 30 members of the Riigikogu received their first jabs.
Information and guidelines about coronavirus vaccination in Estonia have been published by the government and be read at https://vaktsineeri.ee/en/.
So far, 177,457 people have been vaccinated against coronavirus in Estonia.
How can the spread of coronavirus be stopped?
- The most efficient measure is keeping your distance.
- In crowded places and especially indoors where it is not possible to keep your distance from other people, it is advisable to wear a mask.
- Closed, crowded spaces should be avoided if possible.
- Hands must be washed frequently with soap and warm water.
- When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissue.
- Anyone who becomes ill should stay at home, even if their symptoms are mild.
- People who develop any symptoms should contact their family physician.
You can also download Estonia's coronavirus exposure notification app 'HOIA' which will alert you if you have been in close contact with someone who later tests positive for coronavirus.
The free app can be downloaded at the Google Play Store or App Store. Read ERR News' feature about the app here.
Follow ERR News on Facebook and Twitter and never miss an update!
Editor: Helen Wright