A second child injured in a shooting attack which killed two people in the western Estonian town of Lihula earlier this month has been discharged from hospital. Another child had already been sent home.
"Both children will be monitored at home and check ups will follow at intervals of a few weeks," said Tallinn Children's Hospital (Tallinna lastehaigla) pediatric clinic chief Reet Raukas.
The second child, aged five, has been discharged, ERR's online news in Estonian reports. A five-year-old child was released from hospital on June 17, a week-and-a-half after the attack took place on June 6.
Raukas said that one child had suffered an abdominal injury in the attack, carried out by a lone shooter near a filling station on the edge of town.
Since the other child had been hit in the bone during the attack, this requires a follow-up consultation with an orthopedist.
Liivi Reinhold, spokesperson for the prosecutor's office Western District, says the case is still subject of a police investigation and the evidence has not reached the office yet, nor could a date be given for when it would.
Forensic examinations were among the most time-consuming aspects of the investigation, Reinhold said.
The suspect remains in custody in Tallinn Prison, and the prosecutor's office can request an extension to that if needed after two months, if the case has still not reached the office.
Late on the evening of Saturday, June 6, a 32-year-old man shot and killed a 40-year-old man and a 61-year-old woman, injuring another three people, two of whom were the two children, near the town of Lihula, in Lääne County.
Editor: Andrew Whyte