Watch again: English-language pre-election debate
ERR News hosted a live link on Friday to an English-language pre-election debate, featuring leading candidates from Estonia's major political parties. This was the second such debate in as many days. ERR News had hosted its own all-woman debate in English on Thursday. Friday's event, which featured leading members and parliamentary candidates from all nine parties running in the general election, was organised by the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham Estonia) and the Meta Advisory Group.
The debate, at the Tallinn Hilton Park Hotel, lasted around 90 minutes. Those who were not there or who missed the live-stream, or indeed those who want to re-watch it, can do so here.
Moderated by Andreas Kaju of Meta Advisory, the panel featured politicians from all nine parties running in the March elections, as follows:
- Taavi Rõivas (former Estonian prime minister, Reform Party).
- Marina Kaljurand (former foreign minister and Estonian ambassador, Social Democratic Party).
- Raimond Kaljulaid (Centre Party).
- Martin Helme (Conservative People's Party of Estonia).
- Neeme Kuningas (Free Party).
- Kadri Tali (Estonia 200).
- Mart Luik (Pro Patria).
- Riinu Lepa (Richness of Life Party).
- Olev-Andres Tinn (Estonian Greens).
The debate was structured around questions based on four principal policy areas: Talent and workforce, R&D and investment climate, business-related taxation and democracy and governance in Estonia.
Audience questions were submitted online and as many were answered as time permitted.
Follow ERR News on Facebook and Twitter and never miss an update!
Editor: Andrew Whyte