The Estonian football men's national team will host Lithuania on October 7 at A. Le Coq Arena, Tallinn. Because the match is played under UEFA auspices, they will also decide the spectator capacity.
By the national team's preliminary schedule, Estonia would have met Lithuania twice in 2020. First at the end of March and then in June, at a Baltic tournament. Due to the coronavirus pandemic however, both matches were canceled.
Estonia and Lithuania have met 48 times and both teams currently hold 20 victories, eight matches have ended in a draw. The two teams met last in 2018 during a Baltic tournament in Rakvere, when Estonia collected a 2:0 win.
The test match between the two Baltic rivals on October 7 will be played under UEFA auspices, therefore leaving the decision on spectator capacity to them. The time of the match will be announced at a later date.
In Estonia, as of July 1, 1,000 spectators are allowed to outdoor events. No end date for that restriction has been set yet.
On Thursday, Prime Minister Jüri Ratas (Center), commented on spectator capacities for sporting events: "None of the restrictions are set for fun. All of it is in relation to the virus. We will discuss restrictions regarding this event again next week."
The schedule for Estonian men's national football team:
- September 5, 7 p.m. local time: Estonia - Georgia
- September 8, 7 p.m. local time: Armenia - Estonia
- October 7, TBA: Estonia - Lithuania
- October 11, 7 p.m. local time: Estonia - North Macedonia
- October 14, 9.45 p.m. local time:Estonia - Armenia
- October 15, 4 p.m. local time: North Macedonia - Estonia
- October 18, 7 p.m. local time: Georgia - Estonia
Editor: Kristjan Kallaste