Public broadcaster ERR marked its birthday celebrations on June 1 with an award ceremony recognizing outstanding colleagues and projects, in addition to a special prize for coverage of the coronavirus emergency situation.
The event, linking ERR's buildings both in Tallinn, and in Tartu, Pärnu and Narva via an internal webcast, replaced the traditional spring party this year.
Recipients of the ERR peer awards for 2020 were:
- Lisete Velt, Klassikaraadio Editor-in-Chief.
- Marella Oolmets, development department head.
- Jüri Nikolajev, Editor (Narva studio).
- Kai Väärtnõu, ETV, Editor-in-Chief of ETV's Ringvaade.
- Priit Mürk, ERR portals photographer.
- Johannes Vedru, Sports editor and reporter-editor (Tartu studio).
- Janika Möls, ETV2, Raadio 2 and ERR portals brand manager.
- Julia Lukašenkina, Raadio 4 editor.
- Oliver Kahu, "Aktuaalne kaamera" editor-in-chief.
- Janar Vilde, ERR administrative director.
- Pille-Mai Helemäe, ERR communications manager.
A special award for coverage of the emergency situation sparked by the coronavirus pandemic was jointly awarded to the entire ERR news editorial, for coverage in all three languages ERR publishes in – Estonian, Russian and English.
Editor: Andrew Whyte