Seven new cases of COVID-19 cases have been detected in Estonia in the past 24 hours, almost all of them in Harju County, the Health Board (Terviseamet) reports.
Coronavirus facts as of May 22 (Source: Health Board):
- 37 people require hospitalization as of Saturday morning.
- 2 of those hospitalized are currently on ventilators.
- No deaths were reported overnight. The number of deaths related to the coronavirus in Estonia to date is 64. The last death was reported on May 17.
- 7 new COVID-19 cases were reported in the last 24 hours.
- Of the new cases, 6 were in Harju County (all bar one in Tallinn) and one in Pärnu County.
- 73,732 coronavirus tests have been conducted in Estonia since January 31, with 2.4 percent (1,807) testing positive during that time.
- 314 people with COVID-19 have been discharged from hospital to date. 325 hospital cases have been closed.
- There are an estimated 80 active cases of coronavirus in Estonia at present.
- 881 tests were conducted in the past 24 hours, with 0.8 percent (7 cases) testing positive.
More data is here.
Editor: Andrew Whyte